I write about my day, my goals, words I’ve gotten from others or passages and revelations from His Word.
Why do I journal ?
- It helps me stay connected to my values, emotions and goals
- It brings me clarity on a situation or problem, nothing quiet like seeing it in black and white
- It helps me focus on my feelings, understandings, goals, insights, revelations
- It facilitates my personal growth, it’s hard not to look back at past entries and not gleam some deeper lessons from them (failures or successes)
- It’s a safe place for all my innermost desires, I can be completely honest with myself
- It increases my self-awareness and makes me live in the moment
- It helps me to track my progress (or lack of it), this allows me to monitor my changes and reflect on what worked and what didn’t
- A safe place to face my fears and deal with them head-on
- Questions for God when I don’t have any answers
- For answers from God when stop long enough to hear from Him
- It’s my own self-learning, Christ-led guide
- It’s a dream catcher and an ideas creator
Do you journal?