What an awesome day! Just plain awesome! It’s raining again, the grass is brilliant green, the temperature outside is perfect, the kids are still on holidays, my home smells beautifully of food (thanks to lunch/dinner in the slow cooker), and I decided to do leg day at home…just because I didn’t feel like leaving, AND I get to catch up with my super amazing girlfriends tonight…I am one blessed girl!
I woke up starving this morning, like seriously I could’ve eaten anything. Thank goodness for meal prepping and planning, all I had to do was throw food into the fry pan, put the lid on and walk away. See, another plus on this awesome day. Wow, this meal was totally loved by people on IG too, so I thought I better post the recipe.
Breakfast Hash and Eggs
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg and 3 egg whites)
- ½ cup grated sweet potato
- 100g diced canned tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian Herb Mix
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ tablespoon bacon fat
- Heat a small fry pan and melt the bacon fat.
- Place the sweet potato, tomatoes, and seasoning into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes (or until the sweet potato softens).
- Make a well in the centre of the hash, make sure it’s big enough to fit the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the hash and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook until the egg is to your liking.
Enjoy, it really was good! I’m absolutely having this again in a few days 🙂
How was your day?
Yours in health