I like pizza, I do, but now pizza is just made differently in our house. I make it with the cauliflower disks, until today. Today I made an eggplant baked type of pizza…and it was goooooood!
You could literally put anything ‘pizza’ into these bakes (like pineapple, ham, bacon, any type of meats or veg), and you know what?! I don’t think I’ll have pizza any other way again, I really love these! This bake is 1 serve.
Egg Plant Pizza Bake
- 1/2 a large eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick lengthways
- 3 Tablespoons Pizza Sauce (check your ingredients to find a great one or just use herbs and tomato paste)
- 100g pork mince
- 6 sliced olives
- 1/2 diced onion
- ¼ cup diced capsicum
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (for the cheesy taste)
- Lightly fry the eggplant slices in a pan, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the pork mince in the same pan and set aside.
- Spoon pizza sauce over each eggplant slice and then layer in a shallow baking tray that has been lined with baking paper, or in individual ramekins.
- Top the slices with your pizza ingredients (pork mince, olives, and onion in this case).
- In a large cup beat the eggs and nutritional yeast together, then pour over the ‘pizza’.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes, or until the egg is completely cooked.
244 Calories 16g Carbs 5g Fat 37g Protein