I’ve been baking things for the kids lately, and this banana bread was a hit 🙂
I made them yesterday before the cyclone came, just in case we lost power (we have been without power for a week during a cyclone a few years ago). I didn’t stock up on tinned food like all of the other people in town, it didn’t make sense to me because we don’t eat tinned food. I made sure I had boiled eggs, cooked sausages and meatballs, cans of tuna, banana bread, bottled water, ice and a supply of fruit and vegetables.
Paleo Banana Bread
- 1 ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons cacao (if you want to make it chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat the oven to a moderately-low heat, 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place the macadamia nuts in the food processor and turn it on. Let it process the nuts until it turns into butter, about 2-3 minutes is all it takes.
- Add the bananas and egg and let it process again until it makes a nice smooth batter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour the batter into a large loaf pan (line the pan with baking paper) and place it in the oven.
- Bake for an hour, then press the top of the loaf to see if it feels cooked. It should feel spongy and not too soft (inserting a toothpick into the loaf doesn’t give you a good indicator if this is cooked as it will still come out clean, you need to go by feel).
Yours in health